Photo Excursion-North Inlet August 8, 2013

North Inlet is right out of DeBordieu's back door. Many property owners live on the creek or marsh with special views of this unique and pristine estuary. Photographic opportunities abound. I took a quick trip just last week. I had my camera but did not really intend on taking photos. I did not even have a big special lens to capture some of our areas wildlife.

Below are a few pictures from a bottle nose dolphin and her calf. Momma dolphin appeared to feed several times, making quite a splash doing so.




I love these birds, Skimmers, and always envy their flying ability and the way they feed and/or fish! See the pictures below of a Skimmer in action.







We see Brown Pelicans frequently. Did you know that White Pelicans are now a common sight? This photo was taken last week in North Inlet. White Pelicans are larger than Browns and do not dive to catch their food. Note the one flying and the one in the background in the picture below.



I think this is the same dolphin that I saw earlier in the day. They past by me at sunset.


Comments

Post a Comment