Blue Bird House, Birds of the Lowcountry

Wildlife is was one the peaceful attractions that the Lowcountry of South Carolina and DeBordieu offer. I enjoy seeing different animals daily.
I keep a watchful eye out for all kinds of birds and enjoy pointing out different species to my two young boys. Egrets (like the one I photographed below), blue herons, bald eagles, hawks, waterfowl, turkeys, and many more can be seen at DeBordieu daily.
Snowy Egret
.
Swallow tailed Kite
Just this week, I spotted a Swallowed tail Kite.

I have always admired blue birds. They are regular residence here at DeBordieu.

My boys and I recently has a boys weekend as mom went out of town to market (she is an interior designer). The boys and I bought a blue bird house. It was a fun and simple project to place it in our back yard. I reviewed information about the ideal location. The boys enjoyed "helping."

Fifteen minutes after finishing, I noticed chicadees inspecting the new home. Some sources say remove chicadees if they nest. Some say leave them.

A few hours later I was excited to see a male blue bird inspecting the house. Several days later now, I am pleased to say they have started building a nest! These pictures were taken that first day. It was a cloudy gray day, but I will get additional photos to share as I continue to enjoy our new neighbors.





Comments