Fishing:Tailing Redfish-North Inlet-Fly fishing in SC!

Captain Jay Nelson was relieved from new baby duties for a couple of hours of fishing with Jamie Beard and myself. The weather challenged us, but we enjoyed some good fishing and the good fortune of spending some time in DeBordieu's salt marsh chasing tailing redfish.
Jay contributes to the website Saltyshores.com. You can read and see more about our trip below.

More Flood Tide Redfish | Saltyshores.com

More Flood Tide Redfish

Published July 31, 2012 | By Jay Nelson

Been awhile since I had the front end of the boat – until last night when friends Perry & Jamie had me along for some flood tide redfishing. My mother-in-law gave me a hall pass from new-baby duty, so I jumped all over that. The fish didn’t tail that well until some weather started bearing down on us, at which point we got a few decent shots. I don’t own a farmers almanac or check barometric pressure, but I swear these fish get fired up right before a storm almost every time. We used flies by Dan Johnson – called the redfish candy – Perry and Jamie have been using them for years in our marsh and they seem to work pretty well. http://www.customsaltwaterflies.com/













Here’s my version of Dan Johnson’s “redfish candy”

















www.debordieu.com


Photo Credit: Many of these pics were taken by Perry Peace. If you are ever looking for a really nice place to stay while fishing or vacationing in the Georgetown, South Carolina area, make sure to check out Debordieu Beach. Perry can set you up with a great rental whether you are here to fish or just relax on the beach. Check them out at http://www.debordieurentals.com/


www.debordieu.com

Jay Nelson
www.winyahguide.com

Perry Peace
DeBordieu Colony Real Estate

Comments

Post a Comment